HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 Civics Lesson
Author: John 
Date:   2006-01-03 21:29:22

I am not familiar with retired UCSD professor Chalmers Johnson. However, I was particularly struck by the insight and prescience of his 2004 "Los Angeles Times" article, quoted in part below:

"The constituents of the 50th have been misrepresented in Washington for the last 14 years by a wholly paid-for tool of the military-industrial complex, the Republican incumbent, Randy "Duke" Cunningham."

[…]
"What kind of people like to give to an incumbent like Cunningham? Based on Federal Election Commission data released in August, his top contributors by industry/occupation are defense electronics ($66,550), defense aerospace ($39,000), lobbyists ($32,500), miscellaneous defense ($29,200), air transport ($26,500), health professionals ($24,700) and real estate ($23,001). Cunningham's No. 1 financial backer is the Titan Corp. of San Diego, which gave him $15,000. It has recently been in the news because an Arabic translator it supplied under a contract with the U.S. Army has been implicated in the Abu Ghraib prison scandal in Iraq."

http://www.commondreams.org/views04/0926-01.htm

Professor Johnson smelled a rat and rang the bell in Sept. of 2004. Did not anyone hear? Or did they ignore? Whom did you vote for?

Re: Civics Lesson
Author: Paul 
Date:   2006-01-04 04:50:34

The North County has a lot of knee jerk right wing conservatives. A lot of former and retired USN and USMC types. He wrapped himself in the flag, called liberals "fags," did not meet a weapons system that he did not love and they loved him for it.

They wanted ultra right wing representation and they got it. I used to debate it with many "How could you vote for a guy that calls liberals "fags" etc." They just chuckled.

Well, they ain't chuckling now. They got the representation that they deserved.

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC § 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/896
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]