The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page
Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum
Date: 2005-12-01 11:03:41
For me, all this is disgusting beyond words.
Unfortunately, I do not believe we are near the end of the story. Many unanswered questions remain. I agree with Paul and R. Middlemas that this may be only the tip of an ugly iceberg. I would imagine there are a number of corrupt individuals now shaking in their boots. Sleaze attracts sleaze.
Meanwhile, I am very angry.
1. I am angry that Cunningham's blatant disregard for the law continued for so many years, unnoticed. Where was the Ethics Committee? Where were his many colleagues who must have known something of his egregious dishonesty? Where was the oversight? Many must have known - should have guessed - what was going on. By their silence, they are complicit. Where were the "watch-dog" organizations? Where were federal investigators? For years, Dan and this particular website were a lonely voice in a mostly silent world about Cunningham crimes. Had not the Union Tribune broken the story and thus interested the federal prosecutor, Cunningham's corruption and crimes would have continued, unabated even today, and on till his retirement.
2. I am angry at the audacity of Cunningham's crimes. The incredible number of the many specific charges against him, combined with his open and conspicuous consumption resulting from illegal bribes, is absolutely stunning. He arrogantly thumbed his nose at the law, at the House of Representatives, at his constituents, his supporters - at everyone.
3. Although I long suspected his improprieties, I am angry that they far exceeded anything I could ever imagine.
4. I am angry that in his disgrace, he has tarnished somewhat, the proud institution we both served – the U. S. Navy.
5. I am angry that he also has tarnished the name of all fighter pilots who served in Vietnam.
6. I am angry Cunningham still lied through his teeth, long after the story broke, that he had done nothing wrong, until he was finally cornered.
7. I am angry he thought his ace status gave him an unlimited license to steal.
8. I am angry his 'patriotism' was for sale.
9. Finally, I will be be very angry is he gets off lightly.
Date: 2005-12-01 12:40:46
We'll see, but I am still betting that he will bite the big one . . . long Fed Time and not at a club fed.
The Fine Print:
The above comments are owned by whoever posted them.
We are not responsible for them in any way
(Communications Decency Act, 47 USC Â§ 230).
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998,
we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age.
Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public.
Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners.
The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it.
About this website.
If you have comments
(hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please
send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message.
You can read other people's comments