HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 Military Saints and SOBs
Author: J Pcok 
Date:   2005-11-29 02:42:10

Just spending a little time thinking about those willing to risk their lives in the service, which I think has been admired by mankind from the time the first rock was thrown to kill someone in a rival tribe, and how the military service has only been put on a much higher pedestal in the last 100 years. Until then a soldier was essentially scum. WWII can be easily pointed to when that was radically changed. After Vietnam it took 20 or 30 years of carefully crafted reorganization and PR efforts to get the fighting man's image back. I was born in 1968 and can remember the treatment and after effects on 'Nam veterans. I guess I belong to a certain percentage of the population filled with the spirit that leads us to follow the path of the warrior. Growing up I held those guys in a state of awe and never lost it. When I joined up many of the First Sergeants had served in Vietnam and they did very well passing down a great deal of lore and knowledge that saved our asses on many occasions.

So, I've established that I assign a very high emotional value in regard to our fighting men.

But, I know for a solid FACT that service doesn't make you some kind of saint. I also know that even though you are part of an organization that is regimented and coordinated daily, it doesn't mean that you can assign us with any kind of stereotype. We are humans and as different as snowflakes. Don't tell me I'm Blue State, and don't tell me I'm Red State. I've seen sh@t that more often than not leaves me seeing nothing but the color of bullsh@t. I was trying to put it all together as a rant but I ran across a fella named Stryker that put it down on a blog far better than I could. So here's the link:
http://www.sgtstryker.com/weblog/archives/003610.php

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC ยง 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/604
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]