HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 Randy is not running again
Author: R. Middlemas 
Date:   2005-07-14 17:16:45

Check it out:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/Default.aspx?id=8575353&uart=9&uarc=Rating

Thanks Randy! That is so sweet of you. You CAN take a hint.

That's good for a start...but let's continue on and find out if you did or did not break any laws. I, for one, intend on keeping the pressure on.

Let's see if we can get you out of there BEFORE your term is up.

Re: Randy is not running again
Author: SHRED 
Date:   2005-07-14 18:47:54

Well of course not.
Hey Randy...YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO RUN FOR OFFICE FROM INSIDE THE PEN ANYWAY!

Rep. Cunningham won't seek re-election amid contractor probe

Thursday, July 14, 2005; Posted: 7:44 p.m. EDT (23:44 GMT)

(CNN) — Rep. Randy "Duke" Cunningham, R-California, under federal investigation over his relationship with a defense contractor, announced Thursday that he won't seek a ninth term in Congress next year but will finish the remainder of his current term.

While insisting he did nothing illegal or dishonorable, the former top gun Navy pilot admitted he showed "poor judgment" in 2003 when he sold his home in Del Mar, California, to a friend, Mitchell Wade, the founder of MZM Inc., a large defense contractor.

Cunningham sits on a powerful defense appropriations subcommittee that approves spending for defense programs and has said he advocated on MZM's behalf in seeking government contracts.

"I should have given more thought to how such transactions might look to those who don't know me," Cunningham said at a news conference in San Marcos, in his San Diego-area district. "It pains me beyond words that I have jeopardized your trust."

>>>>> http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/07/14/congress.cunningham/

Author: R. Middlemas 
Date:   2005-07-15 08:42:39

How his transactions might look to those who don't know him?

Like who? Perhaps he meant honest, honorable, hard working people with even a passing flash of intelligence?

Randy contends, and continues to contend, stunningly, that this is all a misunderstanding. That it only appears that wrong doing has occurred. A large segment of his district tends to agree...or perhaps they don't care. They just want the favors he promised them?

As Dandy Randy has a shown in the past a tendency towards brash language, in lieu of substantive argument, and a affectation of barnyard logic, I say this:

If is smells like crap, looks like crap and feels like crap...it probably is.

Perhaps I am being a bit to hard on him? Ok. Then how about putting it this way, as a person with MBA from National University (?) he ought to get this:

Occam's Razor:
"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate" or "Plurality should not be posited without necessity". Quite simply, this means that the simplest explanation tends to be the correct one.

When his dealing are examined under this harsh light, not too many other contrary explanations surface.

Sorry Randy, looks like you are going down.

Here is another site worth visiting, as if we need any more:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/politics/20050715-9999-1n15woes.html

Author: John Henry 
Date:   2005-07-18 16:04:45

He is playing wounded in order to avoid criminal inditments - he does not want to lose those lucrative political retirement benefits. If convicted, he may lose that slush $$... He is obviously guilty.

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC ยง 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/427
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]