HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 POW's, McCain, veteran's opinion
Author: hewett 
Date:   2008-04-04 18:59:39

The coals have all but gone out on this website, so I gotta throw a little Kingsford Charcoal Lighter Fluid on her....
Is there a general consensus on how former POW's, Veteran's (especially Brown Shoes) view McCain? I know he and all POW's went through a lot more hell than any of us could dream of.
So gents, any 'quick takes' on McCain in general OR as a presidential candidate?
I'm registered 'Non-Partisan', but quite frankly may not make it to the polls next November....sad.
Senior Fleet Ensign Erasmo, Retired-Gone Fishin'

Re: POW's, McCain, veteran's opinion
Author: Paul 
Date:   2008-04-08 04:20:59

Raz, John never got to prove himself in combat, did not get in that many missions before he got popped. He was known to be an average Scooter pilot. He certainly passed muster at the Plantation and later at the Hilton as a POW. The worst thing he had going for him in the Navy was his lineage. His Dad and Grand pappy both being Admirals. He inherited all of his father's enemies and probably 1/2 of his friends.

As for the man, read the Nightingale's Song by Robert Timberg. After he returned from the Hilton the medics put him back together. He was never given a sea command – no squadron, no ship. He commanded, like Cunningham, a shore based squadron. It was the A-7 transition squadron at Cecil Field near Jacksonville. That p.o.’d a few because it was a command for someone that had succeeded with command of a deploying squadron. He never did that.

I am with many, I am likely not voting. I certainly would not vote republican and get more of the same carp we have had for 8-years.

Cheers

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC § 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/2467
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]