HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 VFW
Author: hewett 
Date:   2007-12-22 19:13:04

I was approached by the quartermaster of the local VFW to join the local chapter.
Other than the comaraderie (which I get from you guys), what attraction is there to hook up with this group? I've always pictured this group as ones who sit around and 'chew the fat', but there may be helpful stuff as to VA benefits, new legislation, phone numbers of PI girls who came over stateside (Paul: read Evelyn), etc. Or, would I be better off if I could possibly find someone to bribe me for top secret stuff about Terrier Missiles back in 1972 and got eight years in the federal penn?
As this tax year comes to an end, I have many decisions to be made.
Thanks for the help-
RazMaTaz
Senior Fleet Ensign
Chaplain - First Church of the Last Laugh

Re: VFW
Author: Paul 
Date:   2007-12-23 11:12:30

Hey Raz, my best to you and Evelyn at this time of year.

VFW . . . well, I never was a joiner. I damn sure do not need to hear peoples' bs war stories. I have gotten so bad about it, that I even scraped the decal of Naval Aviator wings off my truck. I do not go to Tailhook or Assn of Naval Aviation meetings. I picture these guys as sitting around and justifying that war that had no justification.

Again, best to you and Evelyn. I hear that she is getting you a new saddle.

Author: LynnB 
Date:   2007-12-30 13:26:17

I picture these guys as sitting around and justifying that war that had no justification.>>

Wow...finally got a password that works!!!

The fellows I have met passing out flowers on Mem day and Vets day are pretty cool and just about everyone I have met, VFW guys or not think that was the dumbest war going.

Not that it wasn't justified, due to SEATO, but the way it was run, esp by LBJ and McNamara. And of course most know by now that the "Gulf of Tonkin Incident" didn't happen.

BTW Evelyn is getting a new saddle HORN as the Ensigns is worn out.

Author: Paul 
Date:   2007-12-31 13:35:26

Wes McDonald led the A-4 strikes against the PT Boat yards, and kept his mouth shut about the bs of it all and become CNO. The system worked yet again.

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC ยง 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/2456
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]