HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 Busby vs. Cunningham
Author: Al Rodbell 
Date:   2004-09-23 14:05:01

I moved out here three years ago from the East coast. Out there I was considered conservative, compared to New York city values. But, the type of conservatism epitomized by Cunningham has nothing to do with responsible fiscal policy. It is rabid nationalism with religious bigotry thrown in the stew. The current bill to prevent judicial testing of the constitutionality of "under God" is just a reflection of this.

If we can invade a country for defying a demand to elimate weapons of mass destruction and a majority of Americans will validate this action even when the country had no such weapons, is there anything that could not happen. The American flag is about to become sanctified. We are about to merge Christianity with Americanism, an intoxicating mixture of church and state that worked wonders for motivating Kamakazi pilots. Fears that used to be the province of the lunatic left, now seem not so far fetched.

How does someone connect with the Busby campaign? Their web site is not responding. Is there any hope of defeating him, or does he really reflect the feelings of his constituents. If so, it is pretty depressing.

Al Rodbell

Re: Busby vs. Cunningham
Author: Dan Anderson 
Date:   2004-09-23 16:26:13

Interesting. Well the Fiscal Conservative of the East is a lot different from the Social Conservative of the West.

The website is http://www.busbyforcongress.org/

I don't think Busby will win, although she has been a more active campaigner than others in this district. Cunningham hasn't had a competitive election since his first reelection. Since then he has been able to get a "safe" district (from the 1990 and 2000 census reapportionment). Traditionally incumbants, Democratic or Republican, get "safe" districts. Neighboring Democrats don't want Republicans in their district and vice versa.

Here's the contact information from the website:

Francine Busby for Congress
PO Box 712
Cardiff-By-The-Sea • CA 92007
info —at— busbyforcongress.org (replace —at— with @)
760-753-6300 • 760-632-8357(fax)

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC § 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/219
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]