HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 My Response to Copley/San Diego
Author: LB 
Date:   2006-11-26 10:32:30

<<
With some of my fellow reporters who worked on the Cunningham
bribes-for-earmarks scandal, we're writing a book about Duke. I'd like very
much to speak with you. Please notify if I can give you a call.>>>

Now why would I want to talk with the same media that is distorting what is taking place in Iraq? At least NOT reporting the GOOD NEWS that so few of us see...the pictures of the kids loving the GI's who are there to help. How the media conveniently does NOT show the pictures of three years ago of Iraqi citizens flashing "I love George Bush", etc. when we took down Saddam's regime.

Or how NBC or ABC...one of the two, came out to USS America in 1970 to do a bit on Naval Aviation...featured our squadron, VF-96 filming the briefing, donning flight gear, manning up, the launch, the landing, and the debrief....And the next day was our 8th day of the week...standdown day...and the crew gets a brief rest from the 16-20 hour workdays....and a BBQ on the flight deck. What did NBC/ABC show back in the states??? A very brief glimpse of flight ops, and then the BBQ and "This is what your Navy is doing in Vietnam"...type of thing.

You can review my comments on the Cunningham bashing site, regarding him and regarding other matters. That's about all I'd ever say anyway. In another post you wanted info when Randy was in VF 154...I wasn't there, so I'm not the one to ask anyway.

It's unfortunate that the media of all types have FAILED in their duty to tell the WHOLE TRUTH....when in fact, they censure what they tell the public...or more to the point, what they DON'T or WON'T tell to the public. Why would I even begin to discuss anything with such a track record of distorting the FACTS and the TRUTH?????

Well, y'all got your wish and the Dems are now in control. They still haven't said one word about what THEIR PLAN is for Iraq. And it is because they don't have one.

The media lost the war in Vietnam, and the media will lose this one resulting in many hundreds of thousands or millions of civilian deaths....just like the killing fields in SE Asia after we cut and ran.

Re: My Response to Copley/San Diego
Author: john 
Date:   2006-11-26 16:30:06

LB -

Did you forget, in your rambling anti-media diatribe, that without investigative reporters Marcus Stern, Jerry Kammer et al, and their extraordinary effort combined with the unprecedented boldness of the normally conservative Copley U/T, our convicted crook Cunningham would still be living lavishly in Rancho Santa Fe, driving a Rolls, and living on a yacht - all funded with his arrogantly listed and felonious bribery demands, and his misuse of taxpayer funds.

Our watchdog Fourth Estate has not only helped put this sleazy crook behind bars, but has also sent a strong message to others: That Congressional corruption will not be tolerated. It will be investigated, exposed, and prosecuted.

To the Union/Tribune paper and their reporters – BZ.

There is no law that says you have to like or approve of what the media reports. There is a law however, that protects their reporting. It's called the First Amendment; and it's an important part of something we once took an oath to "support and defend against all enemies." And I will take our media, warts and all, above any media in the world.

Rather than your disgust, I think you owe Jerry Kammer at least the courtesy of a response, if not your gratitude for his excellent and effective reporting of this repulsive scandal and crime.

Author: D.Dickey 
Date:   2006-11-27 03:09:56

I believe the media covered Bush's "Mission Accomplished" flight. My, that was really good news.

Author: AZ2 
Date:   2006-11-28 14:08:16

LB, you sound just like the Duke-how very sad. There is NOTHING good about this war. It was began with lies, and continues on lies. Don't blame the media as a whole, or you just sound like another tired old windbag.

AZ2

Date:   2006-11-29 07:32:27

I support the troops as well, I'm a Viet Nam vet, and know what it was like. But to make blanket statements about the press is just stupid. We are NOT the world's police force, and we need to stop acting like it. We got our a$$es handed to us in Nam, and it's happening again. The "war" has now lasted longer than our involvement in WWII. How much money does Haliburton need? How much have they made? These are questions I'd like to see answered.

AZ2

Author: paul 
Date:   2006-11-29 08:36:10

AZ2 you're back! Still think that officers and CPOs don't know how to run the Navy, and that you do/did?

As for dumping more @!#$ on Cunningham's grave, why? There is such a thing as over kill.

As for the war in Iraq, I have never supported it. It is this generations Vietnam.

"How 'bout dem Mets!"

Date:   2006-11-30 07:02:42

My "diatribe" stands based on my FIRST HAND experience with the media and FIRST HAND observation of how they censor the news and ONLY print what they want to print.

I owe Jerry NOTHING. There are plenty of others out there who knew Randy who he can interview.

Freedom of the press??? Remember the NY Times who published SECRET information a short time ago that only served to aid the enemy????

Remember Time/CNN a few years ago that reported that American soldiers shot and killed other Americans who were deserting??? Then that turned out to be a LIE.

Remember that wonderful reporter and journalist Dan Rather and his outright LIES about BUSH????

While it is "cool" right now for the media to jump all over BUSH and his "lies" for invading Iraq.....why do they IGNORE the FACT that many prominent Democrats also had sternly warned of WMD's in Iraq???? Clinton...Both of them; Kerry, Kennedy, and many others all spoke of the threat of WMD's in the hands of Saddam. where's the Media on THAT today? If the invasion was based on "LIES", the Dems certainly perpetuated those LIES.

Why????

Because the media LIES and DISTORTS and FAILS the citizens of the United States by NOT reporting ALL the news....but only what they want to print.

Date:   2006-11-30 07:07:20

AZ2 Writes <<>>

Excuse me, but riding around on a boat 100 miles from the coast in NO WAY means you "know what it was like", any more than watching an F-4 CAT shot and trap means you know what THAT is like.

Date:   2006-11-30 15:46:54

You know NOTHING, jerkneck idiot.

AZ2

Date:   2006-11-30 17:05:13

Author: AZ2 (206.202.72.—-)
Date: 11-30-06 15:46

You know NOTHING, jerkneck idiot.

Hey, AZ, back in June you said you were leaving. Maybe you should get some help for your obviously hatred of "zero's", authority, and inability to post anything remotely intelligent without hurling the insults.

Real mature, boy. You have a long history of contributing NOTHING but insults on here. To wit:

Author: AZ2 (206.202.72.—-)
Date:   06-13-06 15:36

Zeros...think they run the world...sheesh.

Date:   06-14-06 13:34

Because I think officers are full of themselves? Get a grip. My life is just fine. I just never did buy into the "men" on one side and "gentlemen" on the other. Yes, Duke caused me some grief, but it was all redeemed when he was convicted. I did serve with some fine men, both khaki and denim, but the whole structure is made to step on the enlisted heads, don't fool yourself. I had many friends that were Stewards and we all had many laughs over the attitudes you fine fellers had over the Filipinos. Maybe YOU should look inward...

Date:   06-16-06 08:01

I don't hate Cunningrunt for making my life miserable, we each make our lives what they are. My life is far from miserable. I was always known as the one who kept a positive attitude, even when pushing 500 pound bombs though narrow passageways. When we got extended on line, I helped my shipmates to keep their minds on the task at hand, and not worry about a few more days at sea. I hated him for being a weasel, and not giving me a chance to give my side of a very one-sided story. Now why don't you just crawl back under your helmet and wait for God to take you to heaven in his golden chariot. I spent enough time in the USN to know YOUR type of leadership skills. You know NOTHING about me, but with all of your breast-beating, I know a lot about you. You think that you can change my beliefs with an email? And you DON'T think that you are full of yourself. I had one more year of active duty than you, SO WHAT! I've given my side of the Duke's story, and now you want to convert me, and make me respect, fear, or appreciate you? Don't hold your breath, zero-boy...your chest isn't really big, it just looks that way because you push it in people's faces, just like Dukey Stain. I really enjoyed this site until it became an "old officer's club". I know you jet jockeys look down on admin types, I was called all kind of names. But I never took it seriously. Anyone who is GIVEN a title, doesn't DESERVE respect. It must be earned. Putting moronic Latin phrases on your helmet just shows how important you think you are. Get a grip. You are the next Cunningham waiting for your time in the hole...idiot.

Date:   06-20-06 13:26

Well, since you guys know it all, the rest of us should just take our business somewhere else. Must be nice to have such big brains and still be able to put helmets on over them. See ya later jerk-offs.

Author: Senior Fleet Ensign Hewett 
Date:   2006-11-30 22:26:12

LB,
I see that Paul loaned you a pair of shoes. "Come on feet, don't fail me now!"
Raz

Date:   2006-12-01 07:37:22

Thanks for noticing, clownboy. You've made some pretty stupid statements yourself, considering you NOTHING about me or my experiences. You deserve the dementia that has settled in. Enjoy.

Date:   2006-12-03 16:51:04

LB you are guilty of casting pearls amongst the swine.

For sure sitting in maintenance control taught a lot about combat. Viewing the plat tapes of launches and recoveries taught how to fly that combat horse. But some knew that they could do it better than us . . . I sure wish that ole AZ had been flying my F4, instead of me, when it got it all shot up and I left it in the Gulf. That was not fun. I know that someone could have done it better.

Link I said before AZ there were about 8 enlisted to officer programs that you could have applied for and then with commission in hand, show us all how it should have been done.

Ensign Raz, my horse, have you fed my gawdamn horse yet!

Date:   2006-12-04 08:17:51

You won't see THIS stuff on the NEWS.

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/THISWILLMAKEYOUPROUD.HTML

Date:   2006-12-04 15:31:16

<<Date: 12-01-06 07:37

Thanks for noticing, clownboy. You've made some pretty stupid statements yourself, considering you NOTHING about me or my experiences. You deserve the dementia that has settled in. Enjoy.>>>

Well AZ, since know so much more than the rest of us, and you obviously had some strong connections and dealilngs with Cunningham, why don't YOU Email Jerry and perhaps YOU can be interviewed for the book....And what a different and perhaps even refreshing perspective that would be coming from a non-aviator enlisted admin type.

His Email address is at the very top of the very first post I made on here. Go for it. Perhaps the Navy will sit up and take notice and start running the show the RIGHT WAY seeing as how you've shown us the RIGHT STUFF.

LMAO.

Date:   2006-12-04 20:14:15

If Cunningham ripped off AZ head and sh!t down his throat a couple times, well then I have at last, in addition to his ability to move that a/c around the sky, found something else to praise Cunningham about.

But by all means AZ do as the good LB suggests. Get a hold of that reporter and let him in on what you know about Cunningham(why not all Officers as well). Because all of us Officers have closed ranks and ain't talking. Obiously to protect Cunningham. It's all a conspiracy, AZ.

Date:   2006-12-05 07:30:07

I've already given my experiences with The Duke. By the way, I wasn't an AZ during the war, I was in the helo deck crew. So just take your biased opinions and shove them where the sun don't shine. It's good to see that zeros never change...they just get old and corrupt.

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC § 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/2189
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]