HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 Gaterhing of Eagles
Author: jennifer 
Date:   2006-03-20 08:29:09

Last summer I attended my husbands graduation from the Air Force Air Command and Staff College in Montgomery, Alabama. Every year at the same time the ACSC folks invite a number of famed aviators to a "Gathering of Eagles". They are asked to speak to the student body and are later feted with barbeques and formal night out with the graduates. They tell their stories give autographs and basically bask in the adulation of the students and their families. This being a military hosted event - it was nothing formal or too fancy. I was surprised to hear from one of the event planners how Cunningham insisted on first class air accomadations. At the time I thought the behavior was repugnant especially considering the audience (those that upon graduation will most likely head out to Iraq or Afghanistan - and most certainly not First Class). Anyhow, I opted not to go up to meet him or his wife. I now know how truly repugnant this man was and is.

Re: Gaterhing of Eagles
Author: DDickey 
Date:   2006-03-20 12:12:00

I would think that as early as last summer, the gentleman from California would at least like to create the illusion of APPEARING to be humble, knowing that the dark clouds he was seeing were the chickens coming home to roost.

After a couple of flights on ConAir, I bet a coach seat on Delta ain't half bad.

I hope your husband is well and safe.

Author: Paul 
Date:   2006-03-20 13:46:07

Well, said.

Date:   2006-03-20 18:43:30

You know I think about Cunningham and the fact that these shoot downs have always been great for him, and now an albatross. Such a fall from grace has never been seen before, I do not think. Except perhaps Benedict Arnold.

How could he have stood to go to prison? Had I faced that fate, I think that my Glock and I would have had a serious discussion. I'd never do 8 years in prison; much less suffer the ignominy. He should have just check out and gotten a new hand delt.

He damb sure will not be getting speaking engagements and first class air travel if he gets out.

Author: Ben Tan 
Date:   2006-04-02 21:54:23

It's actually a good thing for Cunningham that all his wrongdoing caught up with him before he meets his Maker. At least he has a chance to reflect on his life and repent.

Date:   2006-04-03 01:11:40

I understand that a lot of folks find religion in those places, with Cunningham, if he does, I hope that it takes.

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC ยง 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/1437
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]