HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Randy Cunningham Photo] The Unauthorized Randy “Duke” Cunningham Page

Randy “Duke” Cunningham Forum

Forum Index
 The "Dud" Article in SD Union
Author: wadediego 
Date:   2006-02-21 09:29:53

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20060220-9999-1m20dukehelp.html

Ron Powell,

I am outraged that this confessed criminal is getting the attention and outpouring of sympathy that the press has been publishing and not giving equal consideration to those that have been affected by his crimes. Your article is reflective of the press's sentiment for this man and typically doesn't not show a balanced in reporting all the truth about his crimes.

Your column, typically, shows media's bias in this affair. But even I have to admit that it is the popular way to report, even though it is not fair and balanced. What has happened to the courage that reporters used to display concerning a balance of the truth.

This man is the worst of the worst... I am sure you have heard of a man named Benedict Arnold. This man should be classed in the same league as him and of course with the fabled Judas of the bible. Betrayal. What a shame that once again a politician will be lightly punished for his crimes against America. I don't think he should receive any consideration for his betrayal of trust. And please, don't tell me that there is the only one crime that he should or can be charged with.

There is no precedent for the extent of his crimes and his sentence should reflect that, so as to be a deterrent to others.

"Common shoplifters have received more punishment for their crime than he will receive for his betrayal and ultimate indirect cause of death to our troops fighting for our freedom".

I think it will be a travesty of the justice system if this man doesn't receive life, without parole, for his crimes. I don't believe that Politicians should receive a greater mercy than any other American citizens that commits crimes.

Randall Cunningham is a coward and a scoundrel and after all is said and done I think that history will show that he has committed far more crimes that he will be charged with.

Respectfully,

Wade Allen

Re: The
Author: Scott aka RazMaTaz 
Date:   2006-02-21 21:51:07

Well said Wade. Your sentence quoted below speaks of the dangers inherent with Duke's deeds.

"Common shoplifters have received more punishment for their crime than he will receive for his betrayal and ultimate indirect cause of death to our troops fighting for our freedom".

Selling out to arms dealers for personal benefit ~usually~ buys inferior weapons... Weapons that will leave the soldier OR AVIATOR in less than optimimum battle readiness. In essence, Cunningham sold out everything:
American voters, taxpayers, his constituents, our troops on the ground AND the very airmen that he used to be a part of. Imagine if Cunningham and Driscoll had gone up that fateful day many years ago with inferior weapons that were "bargained for a buck" with some dirty Congressman and less than scrupulous weapons trader. I dare say they might not have made it through the combat, let alone be the revered ace status.

So, as far as the sentencing this upcoming May 3rd, perhaps the judge should consider not just Cunningham's life expectancy, but how his acts may have shortened the life expectancy of soldiers/aviators/and innocent civilians had he not been caught and stopped.

I am not so naive to know that this kind of stuff doesn't happen often, but if we don't punish it severly when caught, we leave ourselves wide open and almost encourage others to do the same.

While I live in NorCal, I visited San Diego this past weekend. It was an honor to tour the Midway. I chatted with many of the tour volunteers, most of them former officers and crew of the Midway. I mentioned the 71-72 cruise on the Constellation and Cunningham. It was sad to see the shame he has brought to so many proud fighting men.

Scott

Author: Paul 
Date:   2006-02-22 07:04:53

"It was sad to see the shame he has brought to so many proud fighting men." So well said Raz, sadly so well said.

I too believe that bribes develop military equipment purchases of inferior quality and usability.

My truck has Naval Aviator Wings, an F-4 Phantom and vietnam vet decals in hte rear window of the shell. Just the other day another old horse of my age group noted the wings and F-4 and asked if I knew Cunningham. This fellow was so saddened by the betrayal, so sad that someone had soiled the uniform and the congressional office. As I have sad many times, this mess is so sad, so unnecessary.

I just want to see Randy and say, "What in the hell were you thinking and why?" "Why would you do anything to damage your vaulted image so?" Never, never has anyone fallen so far from grace. This guy was a "water walker!:

Author: Paul 
Date:   2006-02-22 15:39:54

Wade, love your letter to Ron Powell. "Respectfully" is an interesting choice of a word to use for the closing . . . . I'd sure hate to see what you would use if you really disliked the article.

Everyone knows what I think of this situation, but I damb sure wish, that if I got my arse in a sling, that I would have as many come forward to publically support me as Cunningham did in that court document.

The Fine Print: The above comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way (Communications Decency Act, 47 USC ยง 230). In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not accept postings from children under 13 years of age. Privacy notice: messages posted to this forum are public. Trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. The rest copyright © 2001-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.

HOME QUOTES SCANDAL$ VIETNAM EDUCATION ENVIRONMENT WOMEN RELIGION GENOCIDE DRUGS MONEY WELFARE FORUM ABOUT

[Blue Ribbon] [Bottom 5% Web Site] Copyright © 1996-2012 Dan E. Anderson. All rights reserved.
This page is not authorized or approved by anyone, but I hope you enjoy it. About this website.

If you have comments (hate mail, praise, jokes, corrections, constructive criticism, or destructive criticism), please send me (Dan Anderson) a secure private message. You can read other people's comments here.

http://dukecunningham.org/forum/read.php/1152
[Best viewed with 20/20 vision]